Unfinished Narco-Tunnel Discovered In Tecate
TIJUANA, Mexico On Thursday in Tecate, Mexico, a partially constructed-drug tunnel was discovered by the Mexican army. They seized approximately 294 grams of marijuana, and detained eight people on the property.
According to a press release issued by the Army, the tunnel was 1.5 meters wide and 135 meters long. The tunnel had a cement floor, ventilation systems, lights and a section containing rails. It was found after an anonymous tip was made to authorities.
The Tecate tunnel's exit into the United States had not yet been completed.
More like this story
- Smugglers Transported Marijuana Through Tunnel On Motorized Cart
- Smuggling Tunnel Found Near Calexico
- US Officials Warn Warehouse Owners Near Border To Watch For Tunnelers
- Cartel Member Charged With Constructing Tijuana-San Diego Drug Tunnels
- US And Mexican Authorities Find Tunnel, Seize 30 Tons Of Marijuana